Tuesday, September 04, 2018

Notes for Self improvement-2- Avoid Procrastination

If there was ever a gift from God- I will like to ask for the ability to get over my habit of procrastination. I am so self aware and ashamed of this particular trait of mine. This is no.1 enemy of my growth. In pursuit of excellence i have always stumbled on this rock of procrastination again and again.
Earliest memory- reminds me of instance when I delayed giving my name for that debate competition. Was denied entry ... and forced to listen. I was kicking myself- the field was weaker than expected and I could have got that coveted trophy. Next year was too late- the competition was stronger and i could barely manage a 3rd prize. shame was- I did not try...

so many instances flood me right now.. that delayed SSB practice, that delayed decision to pursue my course in engineering (but that had a positive aspect, a consolation-- the friends i got were sublime).. but all of them give a feeling was it destiny or missed chances?

One procrastination I can never forget till I go to grave...  why I was not bold enough? why I put off expressing myself fully ?  was i too young to go further? a step further. agreed it was one sided.. but never asked at that time. left it for providence and a foolish concept of next time?

Each stage of my life- I have been hounded by this fallacy of mine. and my soulmate came to my rescue. She gently pushes, nudges and prods... never nags. Gives me time to reflect. Gives me pro- and cons. that works. Thanks BB... I may not have reached this much also- without that.

Keep reminding me...

and  my soulmate of providence-- you promised to make me better. I know there is next time.. keep motivating me.

No comments:

Post a Comment