Thursday, September 06, 2018

Bye , Bye- KA03-MH9443

I never thought I will ever be so attached with an inanimate object. But then when I was getting into my car of 10 years 9months for a last ride- from office to home-- I decided to click the picture of the old lady. sometime in November-2007- good freind Sanket- literally shook me out of my famous non decisive mode and we bought this car. Color- Beige was Amrita's choice. Uncharacteristic of myself- I did not do any research also. Just went and found which one is within my budget and bought. Later people told-- ohhh , you bought a very poor model. It was Estillo LXI. Very rugged, very convenient for Bangalore roads and very very lucky for us. I remember- it used to be parked outside our rented house in Thippasandra. And one fine morning- Amrita found out to her horror that someone has dented the front fender. She was so upset. She cried and cried so much that I had to take her for a softie to a nearby icecream shop. I was very rough driver, and Amrita will always be gentle on it. The car saw all our adventures together. Never went on very long drive, but it was part of us. Numerous incidents are associated with it. So many pleasure trips within Bangalore. Birsa loved it...We three colleagues shared our commute- self, Panda ji, milind.Panda ji also had the same car but pink one. We used to call our $90M car -- a sum of  business- that we 3 were responsible for that times. Today-- if we calculate the business we are responsible for is just double. The same car- I remember- during sometime in 2010- I had the audacity of taking 3 Apex members from our office to TI office. Jane Neo, our sr. VP Marcom and materials found the car very cute. Terence, our Regional President- said nice car and Andy wong said- very comfortable car. I had a mouthful from colleagues about my audacity and behaviour. Later I had so many customer visits in it-- all over. So many memories created by this small car. Ferrying friends and family. I smile when i remember some famous quotes. Ramani once told- your car makes a noise like aircraft, but that meeting was super success.  so today when for last time it was on the ramp--- i felt like saying thank you!! From that same designated slot .. with full confidence I have gone ahead.. always to Win.
May someone- equally lucky get you. Good bye KA03-MH9443. You served me well. Amrita will only be able to welcome the new car, Could not say bye to the old lady.

No comments:

Post a Comment