Wednesday, September 05, 2018

Learn, Share, Lead & Inspire- My 4 steps

Learn-
That is first step for a field person. specially if you are a technical field sales person or techno-commercial guy!!! Everyday is a process of learning and unlearning.Rather we have to unlearn and be in receptive mode to learn. Each encounter, each customer visit, each interaction is a great learning experience. When i get too much mired into daily work- i spice it up. I focus myself to know what am i learning from what i am into. that is sure indicator for me to spur myself up. Even if I am into a very boring meeting ( you can't avoid them, despite doing homework and trying to excuse yourself from many of them)- I try to get myself- into learn mode. Learning mode is something that takes me forward. Reading books has been my habit. I like reading anything and everything ( even the contents of shampoo bottle!!). Reading gives me insight. In last one decade the content has just exploded , thanks to wide reach of WWW. This has been boon for me. so much content, so much to read. But we need to be cautious- sometimes- it is huge time waste- if you just see non value add content. Always curate the social media, the medium to throw up links or genre of your choice.

Share-
Even though learning is continuous- we need to share it with others. Hinduism has always told share the knowledge, if you share it - it grows. In modern times-- I find when you share- people may like , may not like. Some will reject you, people have less time, less patience. We are slowing forgetting how to read, how to think, how to converse meaningfully. In many meetings- I find the attention span is less. So I try to share my main value /message in first 15 seconds.. at the most 2 minutes- after that people are back to their mobile.It is becoming acceptable practice for people to be physically present but not focused. But share we must!!
Sharing of knowledge is important. sometimes- you may be deemed preachy, people will laugh at your back, but keep sharing. Life is very short , when related to the vastness of cosmic timelines. Funny... my colleagues once gave me a cup " Baba ramdev award"--- citing this sharing philosophy of mine. and once more--- another cup" wikipedia award". So even if that happens.. that's it...

I also feel- we should share our wealth. you may be millionaire, you may be billionaire, you may be salaried-- with hand to mouth existence. but there is always some unfortunate people around. Share your wealth. This is subject to practice. Numerous excuses will rise, best i found is- put an ECS of xyz amount to 1 or 2 charity. It works. what you give, comes back many fold.
You will occasionally be cheated, many times taken advantage of. you will feel it also- but still donot forget to give.

Lead-
Leaders are made . you can make yourself a leader. you may not have people to lead, no direct influence, may be the bottom rung official, may be just the ordinary joe. But you can still lead. there are ways and means.First find out what you believe in- then implement. That will help to lead. Influence people by following BAP principle...Hmm. what is BAP principle ( ok- let me see.. if you are interested- get in touch with me. )It is powerful technique of influencing people.

Inspire-
Finally Keep inspiring people. first be positive. Keep giving positive vibes around you. Do good to others. Keep Inspiring till the last breath.

No comments:

Post a Comment