Thursday, December 31, 2020

The ethereal connections

 Some connections whether short term, slightly longer or very big- leave an aftertaste.

Some very brief connections-- give you memories and turn you around which cannot be explained in proper way. Now you may want me to define the time limit of being brief? Is it like momentary- seconds, some hours of togetherness or some months. For some reasons- the encounters small or big happen to be remembered by me very well. I am an incredibly positive person- so the aftertaste as  talked in earlier lines are always something I savor. Let me try to capture some of these connections.

I was lucky to spend significant time in a wonderland called Kiriburu (see- https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Kiriburu ). The town came with added benefit of schooling in Meghataburu and frequently going to Hill top. It was mini-India and one day for sure I will write a story book on all the people I met there. Some God send connections made there were with many helpers who used to work with us. Simple people from local tribes- who made a deep impact on my outlook to life. Kehtro, Jaypal , Yudhistir and bou-- used to be beacons for a small kid Badsha. The love was unconditional and they taught me stuff which people may not get in best of the elementary schools. Death of Kehtro was one of the earliest experience of death. I remember my ma crying for him, a helping hand but he was part of our family. Jaypal I will remember as one who will condone all my mischiefs. Some very serious ones. But for him- I was always right. Learnt why not to repeat mistakes. Not for punishment, but an ordinary person will get hurt. Then there was Pandey sir- librarian- who first infused me with love for reading. A life long habit.  Chotu- his son, my first best friend (thank God- I am still regularly in touch nearly 40 years of friendship!!). Babai, Biley-- the first fast friends- with whom I used to gang up. The self appointed 'Gundas' of class. The connections were of very brief period but has left a mark on my consciousness. 

Moving on from a small town to a relatively bigger city of Durgapur- brought more connections. that uncle who taught me swimming. I really feel- we had such simple times. some how the garbagebin comics capture those times. The friendships made these times still last. In school, in hostels...Niraj is always the brother I never had. The friend who was actually first 24 by 7 friend. In retrospect- we studied together for only 3 and half years but our friendship transcended all the distance and timelines. I think- we still have some kind of telepathy among ourselves. We can meet and start talking from where we left off- as if it was just minutes ago. Blessed to still be able to talk with him regularly. The hostel life, the time away from home brought many more connections- all very valuable. The associations were of hardly 2 years long or 4 years long but they are still very important for me. 

Momentary meetings, chance meetings- some great ones.
During those early career days as travelling salesperson- when I was fortunate to experience my real country- i.e.. Bharat. I used to frequently use Maharashtra express. Gondia to all the way to Miraj & Kolhapur. The travels were mostly in unreserved compartments- Either Pune to south or Pune to East Maharashtra (To-Fro). I know how easy it is to make friends with a simple farmer of Maharashtra or a proud Maratha.It is very easy to fall asleep on each others shoulders while sitting on floor of train- after sharing of Junka bhakar dinner. Discussing in broken Marathi or Tatsam Hindi- the origin of Sai or the deeper meaning of religious texts.There was this teacher of Kolhapur and he explained me how he teaches Physics. He first explained me Quantum physics. 

So many of those rich experiences. Maybe- each of them deserve a separate entry by itself.

No comments:

Post a Comment