Thursday, November 26, 2020

Where were you?

 After 12 years- I sit down to write my memories of that Wednesday evening (maybe-- if you are interested read my entry on 2008/Nov 28)- when we started hearing about the attacks first. The scale was unfathomable and it took time to sink in. i think By Friday morning the enormity of the situation somehow sunk in. 26.11.2008 will hence remain etched in my mind forever.Somehow i remember the weekend more vividly- 28th & 29th- that Friday and Saturday- Kamath and Willis conducted DDI training for us. That year was very significant...it was nearly 1 year I was in role of TI product manager. Lot of hardwork, very busy days. Doing so many things. Which i felt important But was not sure of future at all. There was excitement, there was changes and there was anticipation. Was aware of added responsibility that future will bring. Then there was this calamity brought upon by enemies of our country hitting hard.

I remember that day- when I took Amrita for her checkup. 28th- I was thinking... I am bringing a new life to the world and the world looks so dark, so sad. And today the 11 year old guy- gave me 20 minutes lecture on why peace & love is always stronger than anything else. Times change but fundamentals donot change--- just need to keep faith.

Another incident is very clear in my subconscious mind- 9th September,2001. It was in a dingy internet cafe (those internet cafe- 35/rs per hr for internet of 240mbps... just for records) near Majestic bus station. I first saw the news....The daily reports became very brief that day. I think Mehta sir did not mind. next few weeks nobody worried whether i met my targets or not...It was that significant a day and event.

In this special year of 2020, when everything looks so bad, so hopeless. I donot fail to tell myself- if Good could triumph over that bad .. things will look up again. We just need to keep the head down and continue doing hard work.

No comments:

Post a Comment