Thursday, December 31, 2020

2020-for record

 When we are too close to an event- we are always under perceived notion of that event being either too trivial or too important. Hence the year2020- may get it's suitable place in our collective history after few years. The year was unsettling for sure. When i started- it was of very great hopes. Because I was prepared for lots and lots of travel. But after March- we were just in state of limbo. The great pandemic put everything to halt. But the year taught me to be more resilient for sure. Like every year- I made the best out of it.

I will record here my personal progress-
I could pay off my home loan debts much earlier than i anticipated. There is always a great sense of achievement when you pay off your major debts. Good thing is- I have experienced them quite a few of them. You feel very hopeful after every event- whether it was for education, home, some kind of improvement, car etc. I could contribute greatly in my social work- I could donate and take part in lot of society work.

ohh- I got elevated as senior IEEE member. One milestone which i was planning to followup and do since 2010.
This year- I got the opportunity to publish many articles (Thanks to my beloved organization!!) but best was one where they put my photo in cover page of a publication I grew up reading. 
This was also the year- when i learnt how to come out of my usual comfort zone. I am always a customer's person. I need to meet, feel, shake hands, talk and talk and then do my sales. Things changed. Could take to the new norm and do end to end selling over virtual meetings. After many years started selling value added services and it was all dejavu. 

This was also the year when i did 3 marquee trainings- cross functional and cross country and came out with flying colors. 

Lot of books- which were half read became fully read. Still many remains...

Got lot of time to teach Birsa- so many stuff. Researched for him and was able to spend so much quality time with him and Amrita. Could find time to teach him some of my favorite topics in Maths.

All credits to him and Amrita for progressing so well in this year- academically and professionally.

Maybe the future will tell us- what was so important about this year. but we all will agree- it made us a believer. Believer that there is much more powerful force called almighty. Believer that love and goodness triumphs- each time and everytime.

No comments:

Post a Comment