Saturday, November 30, 2019

Bring up Baba by Birsa-4

Why are you so serious faced , Baba?-- the most dreadful question that i face.
The usual Saturday-- the days when both of us spend most time together doing chores. He- doing-Homework, projects, tinkering with robots, electronics, computers, katta practice and simple fooling around. Me- trying to catch up on never ending stuffs- next week- customer presentation, juggling multiple issues- all the while, catching up on technical reading and also just following the set down instructions to keep the gentle brat on track.The days i treasure the most... sometimes full of work to the last minute, mostly more rigorous even than normal week days but very fulfilling. but yes-- then that question from Birsa. Why the serious face?

Mostly my answer will be- I am thinking. I am concentrating.
Immediately he will answer- Chill!! Baba- sob thik hoye jabe (Everything will soon be perfect!!). That makes me realise this 10 year old Gentleman is me in mirror. That same optimism that defines my entire life. Deep breath... 1,2,3...Just enjoy the time with him.

Amrita gets less saturday's off now because of increased workload. But Birsa never complains. He is just happy to do as per the plan set by mumma and as long as Baba does not get paranoid -- he is fine.I think he treasures these too.  May be one day when he reads these lines (in future)... he can tell me what was the real deal? Did I meet his standards?

The standards are always high.
Birsa says suddenly--
You only told baba- not to worry- just to do your work to perfection. so why you are worried. You are doing the work, na?

Yes Birsa... but I am not sure.
I am under pressure..
I have many things to do. Too much of target and not much of safety net.
I am worried.

Thats ok baba...
.. Baba i think you are serious because you are taking yourself seriously.

So????
Yes I need to be serious about that tech day prep. I need to reply customer's email and answer & assure.why the gateway did not come, why fae did not do the work on time. why the package was empty? why the documentation on github is not clear?
or why you suggested this part and no support now? all life and death type stuff.

Na it is never so.. baba. You take yourself very seriously.

That is below the belt hit... birsa.

Baba- while you do your work. you should just do the work. Others are not thinking about you. So why to be serious about them.

Bam!! That's true....

======================
isn't it-- that true- i was prepared but at 11th hour customer changed the schedule. they were not ready.
Don't i know even though i will complete my stuff but there will be delays, loss of face. because the chain will never be complete. someone will not quote on time, someone will not update. Then the usual stuff. everyone busy. but doing what?
Maybe- i just think too much about myself.
Maybe.. or why maybe.
it must be- why to take myself seriously. noone is bothered what i think or do or feel.

so???

let us make that sky king paper airplane...this time- we make the folds better...

No comments:

Post a Comment