Friday, November 30, 2018

Beyond Fear

Beyond Fear
Lies Victory;
It is not my queer
to ask- what lies beyond.
Only thing i know- I am here.
Not to ask-why I ventured there.
It is only a liar who says- he is not afraid.
I for one will admit-
it makes me sweat with fear,
it makes my heart pound faster,
it makes me question my sanity.
Still I prod forward...
It is only the sweet smell of victory that beckons...
Because beyond fear lies victory.

-- From the pages of an old diary.

We always perceive a situation as difficult or challenging. That creates fear- is it doable or not? What happens if I fail?
What happens if people reject me? what if everything goes wrong.
Actually sometimes and someday- everything is set up to pull you down. It often happens - I am not ready for a meeting, the numbers are low, I did work for the program but it did not come out as I expected. Now the test with fire- and you tend to pray. but then the interaction goes just fine. People come to middle path and give agreement. In retrospect- those anxious moments seems so funny.
This happens with many- before exam, before a particular work- a phobia sets in. But if you have put your heart and mind into it, really worked for it- the result does come out just fine.

Efforts will yield result and will help to tide over the anxious moments. When we focus not on what others will say and do it just for the work itself- the results will be in favour of us.

So we need to focus on the means.. the end will take care of itself. When you are really scared of something, in reality its actually works out to be very simple.
N.B:- This blog entry and previous one was triggered by two simple questions. Thanks for helping me ponder. Thanks for inspiration.



No comments:

Post a Comment