Tuesday, August 28, 2018

The glistening dewdrop

The translated lines of a famous poem by the great bard- Ravindranath tagore-

"I traveled miles, for many a year,
I spent a lot in lands afar,
I’ve gone to see the mountains,
The oceans I’ve been to view.
But I haven’t seen with these eyes
Just two steps from my home lies
On a corn of paddy grain,
A glistening drop of dew."

(Copied from the blog of Mr. Rajib roy)-

On an usual lonely evening- after a hard day's work , when emails just get replied, and still i say to myself- two more presentations to prepare...and these lines get to me. Does it happen to you too? some old lines of favourite poem, some half forgotten lines of old song and you feel .. maybe.. maybe.. it should linger.
It happens with me, these feelings actually keep me sane. It is odd- for a sales person to have lonely time. but yes, it happens to the one- who just keeps his head inside the work and life. I realised today- there is no need to be worried too much about one's own self. You are not that important.

Means- you, me.. nahh. not important atall. we are all so self centred that we have lost the ability to care for others. The precious life is entwined in linkedin, facebook, whatsapp and what not? we are very much into ourself.. so much that we have forgotten to care for others. so that gave me an idea. who care what i think or feel for? who cares a damn.

But maybe I care for--that long abstract shadow-- which i can see of the tall tower all over the okhla phase1. imaging itself on the glistening rainwater -- drizzling and the fading sounds of traffic from the 8th floor. Beautiful moon beckons life from yonder and i wonder--- what is the real meaning of life. the life is full of giving, if I donot - then it is fallacy. Now what will others think?

Then it comes to me like a bolt- I am not that important that someone will care for me. that gave me lot of comfort. The feeling that it does not matter anymore to be correct and proper as long as I have the heart and will to continue doing good for others. without malice, without expectations.  so many things to be done, so many things remain unexplored. then that shadow playing of cloud and moon made me remember the poem...."glistening drop of dew" Ekti sishir bindu....

Is it really necessary that people will see eye to an eye. may be most of the time no. but that does not mean that we stop caring, that we stop loving, or stop doing what we are supposed to do. Onwards always onwards.
when deep love and longing make you feel very important. .... it is prudent to remember- it does not matter much.
Because if you haven't felt your heart and soul being torn apart , then you haven't really loved with all your heart.

So continue loving... life will take care of itself.
continue doing good for others.

I resolve to continue learning and inspiring...

No comments:

Post a Comment