Sunday, July 05, 2009

Do you work to live or live to work?

This one is self question.Asked to myself- when i woke up early sunday morning today and was drean to open my laptop and key away the pending reports of the week. The reports were pending since Thursday- different types of weekly reports some asked by superiors, some by suppliers. and that set me thinking. I could not do them during normal hours of working as i was too busy in meeting sales requirement; or meeting customers- adressing there needs ( pull in of materials) etc etc.Can i reduce my workload by being more systematic, more through at first go- rather than firefighting most of the times.can i spend more time for myself then?? Hard to say. I love the work too much to even thinking it to be a chore - in short- i never whine due to work. Yes- there was a time - not very short while ago where i was crying for a fresh breath of air- as there was no work to be done. so is it bad to live to work.. rather the popular addage or maxim to work to live only. i doubt... if i love my work and it is so much a passion for me while i do the job- selling the semicon, making life bit easier for people in my team or outside it; making my customer successful ; making my sales people successful; making my bosses look good.. then it is worthy of all the sweats. so--- i live to work and love to work.

No comments:

Post a Comment