Friday, April 10, 2009

Ahhh!! finally a trophy in showcase

Right from my childhood days- there was this unspoken desire in me- to see myself as a recipent of trophy. I remember the days in school- I used to participate in all events ( i was a silent competitior always!!)in hope that i will get a trophy. I used to win prizes- everyyear the pattern was kind of similar (1 prize in academics - i used to stand second or third- never the first boy); 2 in extempore speeches ( always first in English and Hindi ones) and 1 in recitation= total 4 prizes. But my school always used to honor me by giving a nice certificate and some kind of utensils. By 1993- i had collected so many of them- that Ma used to joke during annual days (ok, boy- this time how many 'katories'( hindi word for bowls)?)-- ohh horror!!!
I once won a corporate quiz- thought that they will give a trophy- they did give- one- but i kept it with such care in my bike- that it broke in transit. During my higher studies- there was never a scope of winning trophies- was the best student with worst results always. Then i gave up. Then Amrita came in my life--- i openly expressed my jealousy of her Gold medals ( poor girl!! she put it into our locker).
and i forgot all my passions- work took all precedance. I read Randy Pausch's book- the last lecture and felt the pang somewhere.

And finally that day came- without much ado- like all big events of my life- very silently. In all India analog disty meet- Bangalore - my product supplier- Texas Instruments honored me by giving Best product manager- India. And they gave a trophy. the photographer had to click the photo twice- I took it from Steve Parks- and maybe- i closed my eyes- first- yes- everything went past me- zippppp!!!

I shared this with ma and amrita- two freinds who know me better than me. Both of them laughed. I kept it in showcase. and then thought now what? what next? more work? what about another trophy???

No comments:

Post a Comment